Sharepoint 2013: IE Compatibility issues (it renders really badly)

I was trying to get my masterpage to render properly in IE (aka mission impossible) and, after a stack of trying, came up with the following changes that fixed my problems:

1. In the masterpage, add
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"/>

This will cause Sharepoint to use the latest version of IE installed on the host machine. I tried forcing the version (IE=7), but that did not seem to give the required results.

2. In the main CSS file, add

HTML {
    font-size: 100%;
    white-space:normal;
}

#contentRow{
white-space:normal;
}

.ms-core-pageTitle{
font-size:inherit;
}

My CSS was shocking; the font sizes were terrible and the alignment was like my kids bedrooms - very messy. Setting the white-space and font-size resolved my issues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint 2013: Error updating managed account credentials

Error deploying Nintex workflow: An item with the same key has already been added