SharePoint 2013: HTTP 500 error when sending an email from a SharePoint Designer workflow

I recently encountered this problem for a client and the cause had me stumped. I did all the basic checking
1. Check the UPS was up to date
2. Made sure that the Workflow Manager was correctly installed
3. Made sure that the firewall was not blocking the WF manager port (12290 or 12291).

Still nothing.

The problem (it seems) comes from Document Library 'Advance Settings'; the document library had 'require checkout' set. I did not think anything of it, but once I removed it the workflow executed as expected.

Its a strange behaviour but at least its something to look at when trying to resolve the issue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint 2013: Error updating managed account credentials

Error deploying Nintex workflow: An item with the same key has already been added