Cannot login to SharePoint 2010 site created as a Host Header Site Collection

I was creating a development environment for a fellow developer in a new VM. I had gone through my checklist for a new VM:

1. Create the Web Application
2. Create the Host Header Site Collection
3. Add the bindings in IIS
4. Update the hosts file to point 127.0.0.1 to the host header
5. Updated DisableLoopbackCheck ( see here )
6. Give all the users excessive permissions

Still nothing. The site would not render, even though the Farm Solutions where OK and my deployment log has not errors.

I found the solution in the post ( here ) and on the Microsoft site ( here ).

I needed to add a Multi-String registry key named BackConnectionHostNames to the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\MSV1_0 and add the host headers.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint 2013: Error updating managed account credentials

Error deploying Nintex workflow: An item with the same key has already been added