Powershell: Why does my Google Sheet formula have a leading single quote?

I was recently writing a simple Powershell script to automatically create data in Google Sheets. I used the excellent post from James Chambers to show me the details of the process.

The code is simple enough 

1. Import-Module UMN-Google

2. Use Set-GSheetData to populate the data

It all works until the Hyperlinks I created were being rendered as strings, with leading single quotes. This means they look pretty awful and I dont intend to manually correct them. #defeatsthepurpose.

The solution is to force the Set-GSheetData with -valueInputOption "USER_ENTERED" which then overrides the default behaviour of setting the values to a string.

Simple when you know how.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint 2013: Error updating managed account credentials

Error deploying Nintex workflow: An item with the same key has already been added