SharePoint 2013 Pre requisites install fail, Error: The tool was unable to install Application Server Role, Web Server (IIS) Role.

I was configuring a new development environment in Amazon Web Services and I encountered the following error message:




SharePoint 2013 Pre requisites install fail, Error: The tool was unable to install Application Server Role, Web Server (IIS) Role.




I tried several suggestions from Google, but to no avail. The problem was I was trying to solve an unsolvable problem. Huh? I was attempting to install SharePoint Foundation 2013 on Windows Server 2012 R2 WHICH IS NOT SUPPORTED.




I needed to install SharePoint Foundation 2013 SP1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint 2013: Error updating managed account credentials

Error deploying Nintex workflow: An item with the same key has already been added