SQL Server Scripts: Restart the SQL Service through a batch file

My SQL instance also has a tendency to consume all the memory on the VM (even 16GB is not enough), so I keep another script on the desktop to restart the SQL.

My first problem was finding the name of the service. A simple 'net start' command in the command prompt listed all the services.

The following script solved my problem:

ECHO "Stopping SQL Server"
net stop "MSSQLSERVER" /Y
ECHO "Starting SQL Server"
net start "MSSQLSERVER"
@PAUSE

I have found this to be very helpful when the machine is struggling and opening up services.msc seems to take an eternity.

I have rekindled my love of batch files - they certainly solve the problem quickly and efficiently.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint 2013: Error updating managed account credentials

Error deploying Nintex workflow: An item with the same key has already been added